Sunday, December 2, 2007

Scheyerface

You may or may not remember that I inadvertantly started the "Scheyerface" phenomenon last year, by posting a thread on the MD pointing the idiotic faces this douche makes. Well, long story short one of the posters on the MD board was in the same hotel as Duke for the Maui Invitational. Among other things, he posted Scheyerfaces all over the hotel (in the crappers etc):



but the capper was this:

"I made a deal with my wife in advance that if we happened to run into Scheyer during our vacation, she would HAVE to take a picture of me with him as I made the face. Even though she wanted no part of it, she recognized the importance of the mission if we were given the opportunity.

So after checking out and passing krzithead in the hall, we walked out the doors to the parking lot to drive to the airport. But there was a vehicle blocking the walkway outside the door......A bus.....Dook's team bus!....and the players were just about to step off of it!

This was a thing of beauty. A perfect alignment of the stars. I got out my camera and handed it to my wife. "Oh no, oh no!" she said as she realized the task about to be dealt to her.

Then I saw Scheyer and knew what I had to do. As soon as he stepped out, I said "Jon, can I get a quick picture?"

He looked around and said, "uhhh..." trying to come up with an excuse and eventually said "OK".

5 comments:

Erik said...

1. Rivers is on a posting mission
2. Best post in the history of the BBBQ -- or at least via the MD Scout board.

Anonymous said...

So awesome, so, so awesome.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recognition.

Scott said...

BAHHHHH we have 2 new readers!! Amazing. I'm going to have to step up my game.

Someone needs to tell General Grievis to make Schuyer Face after he hits a three vs. Duke.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!