Tuesday, December 11, 2007

It's Time for My Annual Review...

of the NFL QB situation. Let's rank 'em 1 to 32, shall we. You'll notice a disturbing trend after the top 8 to 10. My ranking system is based on my eyes and opinions only, and in what I would want in a QB.

1 - Brady
2 - Manning
3 - Romo
(I don't think we can debate the top 3)
4 - Favre
5 - Big Ben. Not what I'm looking for when it comes to accuracy and handling the elements, but he's clearly a "cerebral" quarterback and a leader. I'd choose him over the next guy.
6 - Palmer
7 - Hasselbeck
8 - Brees
9 - Garrard. I like this guy. What's not to like about a guy who doesn't throw interceptions. That said, I'm ready for him to win a big game that would elevate him. They've lost twice to the Colts this season, though in fairness, he got knocked out of the first game.
10 - Garcia. What's not to like about this guy. He's sort of like Roethlisberger in a way. It's not prototypical, but it gets the job done.
11 - Jason Campbell. I don't hate him. I like what he brings to the table
12 - Kitna. This is where it's starting to get dicey...
13 - Eli Manning. See what I mean. It's starting to get into serious "meh" category. We've reached the point of the list where I can't see these guys ever winning a Super Bowl.
14 - Jay Cutler. I suppose he's got upside. Seems to be improving.
15 - D. Anderson. Who knew?
16 - Bulger. A terrible season
17 - P. Rivers. Ugh.
18 - Schaub. I don't know.
19 - McNabb. It's safe to say that next season he'll either be out of a starting job or even further down this list. He's a mobile QB who can't move.
20 - V. Young. I'm not seeing it. He only has 7 TDs this season. That's not good.
21 - K. Clemens
22 - The Warner/Leinart situation. It'd be higher if it were Leinart, and we were convinced he might be good. But it's lower because Warner is like 50.
23 - T. Jackson. At least he's a guy you can point to as a starter in the NFL. The rest of this list gets very ugly.
24 - JP Losman/Trent Edwards. Well, they're not killing their team, I guess.
25 - The Falcon situation. At least they'll be getting Brohm or Matt Ryan, which automatically moves them up the list.
26 - The Raider situation. We haven't seen Future Bust Jamarcus Russell yet, so this situation is actually better than...
27 - The Cheifs situation. Brodie Croyle?? Damon Huard?? Seriously??
28 - The Ravens situation. Kyle Boller? Troy Smith? Steve McNair?? We're polishing turds at this point.
29 - The Bears. Rex Grossman at least was a starting QB for a Super Bowl participant. This just shows you what I think of the Bears when I rank the Ravens and Chiefs ahead of them. Yikes. You could argue the 23 through 27 teams, and I probably wouldn't argue back.
30 - The Panthers situation. I don't even know what this situation is. I've got to assume Delhomme's days are pretty much over. That leaves them with what? David Carr? Some other guy...?
31 - The Dolphins situation. Cleo Lemon, John Beck, Cleo Lemon, John Beck, Puke in my mouth.
32 - Alex Smith. The 49ers are hopeless, and we Pats fans salute their ineptitude.

1 comment:

Erik said...

Alex Smith.... small hands... smells like cabbage