Monday, July 30, 2007

Kevin Garnett!!

My initial reaction when I heard the rumor of Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, Sebastian Telfair, and about 3 other Celtics and draft picks for Kevin Garnett was:

Welcome to our world Danny. It's like someone smacked him in the head with a steel chair, and all of a sudden he came to his senses. Clearly, he picked up the phone and called his good buddy Kevin McHale, who apparently runs the Minnesota Timberwolves. I say "apparently" because I'm quite sure he's still on the Celtic payroll.

So, I imagine this conversation went something like this:

DA: Kevin...it's Danny. How are you?
KM: Hey buddy! Good, about to play 18. What's up?
DA: Not much Kev. But I was thinking....
KM: (interrupting) You were thinking? Ha! That's a good one! (Hysterical laughter)
DA: Oh very funny, Kevin. Very funny (chuckling)
KM: Sorry Danny. Anyway, what can I do you for?
DA: I want Garnett. I want him now. What will it take? I'll trade you the Celtics minus Pierce and Allen. You can have them all.
KM: All of them?
DA: All of them.
KM: All?
DA: Yes. All.
KM: Can I have draft picks too?
DA: Sure, as many as you want. You can have those, too. If you do this deal, there is a 50% chance, me and Doc are suiting up to fill out the rest of the starting lineup, but I like our chances.
KM: I'll call you back, but I like it!

1 comment:

Erik said...

When you see something like $22mil it doesn't appear like much. But when they put all the zeroes in print, it seems like so much more:

Kevin Garnett
Salary: $22,000,000
Years Remaining: 2



Erik DeMarco
Salary: $XX,000
Years remaining: 36