Monday, July 9, 2007

Don't you hate pants!



Yes, I was drinking gasoline, MOTHER!!

It this episode the greatest episode in television history? I tend to think it is, but I have different standards than most. A close second might be when the Isotopes won it all, and Homer, Lenny, Carl and Barney went on a huge bender and ended up in the school locker room shower singing We Are the Champions. In fact, that night kind of reminds me of the time that me, Rivers and Higgins drank until 5am, drove to IHOP, ate pancakes and spilled orange juice all over the place, and then ended up driving in circles (Rivers) around this neighborhood at 6:30am blaring reggae and trying to wake up this douche bag Arab guy we knew. He wasn't a douche bag because he was Arab, just more because he kind of sucked as a person. So that was enjoyable.

By the way, you might as well stare at a blank wall tonight, because there isn't anything to watch. If I didn't hate gambling so much (LOL), I would suggest googling which way the wind is blowing in San Francisco tonight and gambling on the home run derby.

Here are the odds, courtesy of Bodog:
Prince 3/1
Ryan Howard 5/2 (dude's not even in the All-Star game...what is this, Craig Hodges and the 3 point shootout? God, baseball is asinine sometimes)
Justin Morneau 4/1
Vlady 6/1
Magglio 11/1
Pujols 7/2
Rios 12/1
Holliday 9/1

Of that list, Prince does seem like the guy best suited for the home run derby. He's got that massive upper cut swing. I guess that's why he's sitting at 3/1. Put me in for a fake bet on Prince. Unfortunately, the only other person who has read this blog likes Prince tonight, too, so there won't be anything to discuss further on this subject...

Also, in fake sports news, I read the Tour de France started in England the other day. Weird. I can't figure it out. You tell me. Can you bike from England to France? I'm not understanding that.
-SC

3 comments:

Erik said...

Not only was Craig Hodges not in the All-Star GAME, he wasn't even in the NBA if I recall correctly.

Erik said...

Also, I'm saying 'Everybody Hates Chris' at 8 (CW), HR Derby at 8:30, and the World Series of Pop Culture at 9 on VH1. Derby during commercials. Chris "Muddy Potomac" Rivers can put Boomer on mute.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see Vlady hit a few balls at his feet out.