Friday, November 30, 2007

Championship Saturday 10-Pack

Following the footsteps of my co-hort, Erik, I'll throw 10 games at you myself. I've finally climbed up to .500 (at last glance) and now I'm going to finish it off with a bang.

Navy -14 vs. Army - 5 STAR LOCK OF THE WEEK!! How is Army going to stop this attack? The QB with the crazy name will probably run for 200 and throw for 100. Navy by 4 tuddies.

USC -19.5 vs. UCLA - Look at this. A real conference without a conf. championship game that is STILL playing games. Ohio State sits on their ass for three weeks, climbs in the polls, and yet if I remember correctly, USC was playing every bit as early as Ohio State was this season. Sick system they got in college football. Oh and USC is finally peaking... UCLA is going to get crushed.

West Virginia/Pittsburgh Over 58.5 - First of all, I think WVU scores 59 points by themselves. Second of all, WVU is all about doing whatever they can to impress voters and make sure they are in that national championship game. I expect them to win by something like 73-28.

Hawaii -14 vs. Wash. U - Look. Washington is done. They had their 10 seconds of fame when they almost knocked off USC. Now, they're going to Hawaii to party, drink some mai tais, and get crushed by a team that will do whatever they can to get into a BCS. Yes, clearly, I like the big faves this weekend.

Miami of Ohio +3 vs. Central Michigan - Mac Championship. I don't know.

Tulsa +7.5 vs. Central Florida - Conf. USA Championship. I don't know. Not a lock of the week!

BC +4.5 vs. Va Tech - ACC Championship. On the one hand, you have the Va. Tech revenge factor. On the other hand, you have Sean Glennon at QB.

LSU -7 vs. Tennessee - SEC Championship. Am I the only one who hates Eric Ainge? Also, note to the NCAA - can we not keep stats in overtime in college football? It screws everything up. Now, it shows that Ainge threw 7 TDs last week, but he had 4 OTs in which to do it. That doesn't make any sense at all. Those OTs are shootouts because the defenses are so tired.

Oklahoma -3 vs. Mizzou Big 12 Championship. I expect a ton of points, and I expect that OU will be more physical and eventually wear down Mizzou. Plus, this will just add to my frustration that Ohio State will play for a national championship, and they haven't played a game since Clinton was in office.

Stanford +13.5 vs. Cal - The band is on the field!! The band is on the field!! (Kabloooooooey as he trucks the trombone player!!!)

5 comments:

Scott said...

Oh yea, I'm 32-32-1

Erik said...

Washington had 10 more seconds of fame early when they knocked off Boise for the first time since the Eagles of Boston College did it.

Scott said...

oh yea, they were once good

CJ said...

and again some lines disagree. USC game and LSU game. i smell controversy. and farts.

Scott said...

erik can adjust his lines to take the more favorable number.

navy up 35