Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Maybe Its the Newspapers

Maybe the papers are misleading, but I am very worried about the BC offense, and even the Patriots offense. I should have faith, and not pay attention to scrimmage numbers.

How can BC's offense, with 4 returning running backs, a respected line, a QB who is the ACC Pre-season POY, and a solid WR struggle you ask? I dunno. New coaching schemes. Offensive line zone blocking blowing up in their face. Five brutal road games.

How can the Pats offense, with Mr Best Human Ever Tom Brady and his deepest WR corps ever struggle? I dunno. Continuous coverage every day saying Maroney in a red non-contact jersey scares me. He finally shed that, but who's to say he won't get hurt again tomorrow. I think I'd feel better if we still had Corey Dillon and not be pinning our hopes on Heath Evans.

What am I talking about? The Patriots will be fine. Brady can always just spread out 5 guys, dink and dunk to replace the running game.

BC? Who knows. The Boston papers make the defense sound like the '85 Bears and the offense sound like the '98 Temple Owls.

No comments: