Thursday, September 27, 2007

Week 5 Picks

So it's going to take a 5-0 week to get back over .500. Well, let's be realistic and say we'll be back over .500 in 2 weeks. We had a bit of a letdown last week, but that won't happen two weeks in a row. The trend has been: Disaster, Dominance, Dominance, Disaster. I don't have a "disaster" two weeks in a row. See, it's right there in front of your eyes.

Ok the fun starts here:

Southern Miss +11 - A Thursday night special!! On the blue turf, no less.
FSU -2.5 I was touting Alabama all week, but at second glance, I really think the FSU defense and their home turf could swing this VERY interesting game in their favor. Plus, if Bowden knows what's good for him, he'll defend the ACC's honor here.
Iowa State +21 - How do you go from beating Ball Friggin State by 1 point to being a 3 touchdown favorite against a conference foe? Iowa State much royally suck. I'll take the points.
Idaho +25 - Hawaii is getting too much respect here. But what do I know? I mean of all the games, did I just really pick Idaho? All I can tell you is that USC wasn't even close to covering a 49 point number in week 1 against Idaho, so maybe Idaho at home against the vaunted Colt Brennan led offense will keep it within 3 1/2 TDs.
Maryland +16.5 - Fridge embarrassed himself last week. And so did I with my 1-4 showing. If there's one thing I know, Fridge and I will be back with a vengenance this week.

3 comments:

Erik said...

Is Brett Favre playing on the blue turf?

CJ said...

Lock de la semana no esta aqui!

Scott said...

my lock of the week is the Terps. Good call CJ