Friday, September 21, 2007

Thoghts on Scott's picks

Scott -
If NC State DOES beat Clemson, the ACC should officially turn in their BCS slot for 2007. Clemson is one of the few teams who can still show they have some spunk. Actually the Canes looked ok. they could be a decent team by the end of the year (just in time for the BC game, RT) but their early season record will prevent them from being highly regarded. Va Tech..... Lets figure out the QB situation before figuring out that team.

Also, if I could get an early (very early) and favorable line on Miami vs BC, I'd take Miami right now. Not because I don't believe in BC (the motto goes 'Always Believe in BC' after all), but BC has played the U almost every year since Flutie's pass and have not won. If they didnt' win last year, why would they win this year or any other year........ NOT SO FAST, Lee Corso. Tom O'Brien ain't walking through that door. And if he did, he'd be wearing a red shirt and black pants.

But back to the ACC. I know I'm from Boston, so my mind is deranged when it comes to sports, but I actually find myself looking at the upcoming BC schedule of Army, UMass, Bowling Green, and Notre Dame and telling myself, "Yeah, it's nice to be 3-0, but all 3 wins have been against ACC teams." That's a weird thing to say. Anyway, thank god the U beat A&M and Florida State beat Colorado. Back on track a little. If Duke can beat Navy and UNC can beat South Florida this weekend, I'll reinstate our BCS bid.

1 comment:

Scott said...

I have little to no faith in the ACC this year. It's going to be one of those seasons where a shit team like NC State can walk into a hostile environment and make it close.

Case in point: Maryland went there last year and won. No one is going to confuse last year's Maryland with a top 15 team (despite going to a decent bowl game).