Friday, September 7, 2007

Scott's Picks of the Week

Man, it's been a hectic week. I'm sure our readership of 3 assumes I'm in hiding after my 0-5 performance last week. However, I am here to tell you that it is quite the opposite. I'm rejuvenated, and I have seen the light. We've got some ground to make up, and we're going to start right here, right now. The road to victory begins with this slate of games:

BC -14 NC State. This game is a joke. Matt Ryan throws for 400+ against this sorry Wolfpack squad. This is my Lock of the Week.

Virginia Tech +11 1/2. So VT struggled in their home opener and embarrassed me by losing my week 1 lock. And I'm supporting them again this week? Against a team that is coming off a 45-0 thumping of Mississippi State? Okay, friends, here's the reason why I stick with VT this weekend. If you watched that LSU game, they pulled away in the second half. MSU was over matched, and got worn down. VT will not get run over and pushed around by LSU. Plus, I don't see the LSU passing game doing anything here either. VT covers.

Notre Dame +18 - Everyone hates the Irish. They suck. But Penn State isn't explosive enough to be laying 18 to Notre Dame. I'm taking the points here. Jimmy "Erik's Boy" Clausen makes his debut and makes a few things happen in this game, allowing douchebags across the country to unite in celebration.

Wake Forest +8 1/2. Riley Skinner is out of this game. However, it's the home opener for the defending ACC champions, and once again I think Nebraska is laying too many in a rather tough road game.

Florida -26 1/2. I don't even know where Troy State is located. I'll take the Sons of Urban in a route.

note: I want to mention that the nuttiest thing on this weekends lines is that the over/under in the Hawaii-Louisiana Tech game is 76.5. That's a ridiculous total!

YTD: 0-5. Lock of the week: 0-1
(stick with me, it turns around tomorrow)

No comments: